Our cabinet design and construction is the culmination of 35 years of experience in the woodworking industry - functional, elegant and practical. We can design a storage system for virtually any need.
Let’s start from the bottom…
- There is nothing for the first 6 inches - which is good! Installing the cabinets with a 6 inch space underneath avoids moisture build up that will ruin almost any material. This feature alone extends the life of your cabinets by years. It also makes it easier to sweep and clean.
- We use a screw and dowel construction method to join the bottom to the sides of each cabinet. The back is fit into the sides and bottom, providing a clean appearance and rigid construction.
- All of our cabinets feature thermo-fused melamine panel construction. The horizontal pieces – bottom, shelves and top – are a full 1 inch thick. The vertical panels – doors and sides – are ¾ inch thick. Every panel is cut, then sealed by edge banding, then drilled for heavy duty hardware.
- We use stainless steel European hinges that open to 120 degrees. The drawer guides are coated with white epoxy which quiets their operation and keeps them from rusting.
- The method of mounting the cabinets to the walls depends on your wall type. Usually 9 screws are used for a large storage cabinet.
The result of all this sturdy construction is a cabinet that can be built up to 48 inches wide with no center stile. This allows full access for large, bulky items.
We have many different standard sizes that will accommodate most designs. And we can customize from there if need be.